Monday, July 14, 2014

Grosseto ly ignored

I'm sleepy. But my Terrence insists that I write another blog post for his silly blog, so here goes.

T and I had just spent the night sleeping in the Civitavecchia train station, because we are awesome at scheduling trains. We went to Grosseto that day where we found both one of the best board games ever invented (sheepland) and our Couchsurfer. And then Terrence played music in da streeeeeeets. We'll get back to that. But first, before: after he finished we at last began to go to a restaurant where we ate a redonkulous amount of tasty food and the best tagliatelle that I have ever had. And then camped on da beach. In Italy. Because things and stuff.

Anyhooooo: (yawn) moo.

Mur.

Moving on.

Music and things.

Moo.

Terrence tried to set up to thingy thingy in a picturesque stweet, but there were traffic and thangs, so we moved to an adjacent street. Which was also pretty, because everything in Italy is pretty. The quality of the music was better than normal, I would say, except that there was a piece in which T sped up randomly. Also he played some stuff that he had practiced while we had been waiting for our train in Rome, which shows some impressive memorization skillz. Our host watched patiently with me, and took us afterwards to a stupidly awesome meal. So mur.

Sadly, the 1337 musiks went largely unappreciated. Looking through the notes that Terrence has here it seems that he felt unappreciated and that people were "cruelly mocking" him, rolling their eyes at him, and generally being unfriendly. I didn't feel that way, but I wasn't the one under the microscope, so to speak. I was just chillin on the side enjoying my daily dose of classical music. There were a couple tips from people who passed by several times, but that was it. Anyway, there was one dude who said (in Italian to our friend) that "[terrence] was wasted here". Which, in some senses (monetary, skillwise) was right. But we enjoyed ourselves, which is all you can really ask for, I guess.

There once was a pitch in Grosseto
Where stuff was played with strings and a bow
Some people stopped
Others just gawked
And then off for pane and Polpo!

















Earnings: 1,96€, 1 hour

P.S. from Terrence:
I'd always wondered why most of the Italians I meet have such awful taste in music. Now I know. Below is an actual list of songs played at the Comix Cafe in Grosseto. In 2014. Unironically.
Mambo No. 5
Closing Time
Wonderwall
All Star
Creep
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Sister Hazel song with "hard to see what it is I see in you"
Closer
Black Hole Sun
My Sympathy
What is Love?
Genie in a Bottle
Hit Me Baby, One More Time
It's Been One Week

Case closed

2 comments: