Saturday, August 14, 2010

What, I write songs too? Part II

Let me take this non-narrational post to make an appeal, once again, for feed-back. In writing so profusely, here and in my couch surfing requests and many letters I feel sometimes a little empty, a little conceited in importing myself so much to no obvious response. What I've been doing is extremely difficult for me - the ups and downs, the loneliness, the lack of stability. I haven't remained in one place for more than 13 days for just over three months.

Now, to the content. First off, I've uploaded:

I Will Follow You Into the Dark
Streets of London
Yesterday
Hello
Such Great Heights
and another recording of I'm Yours
and Your Song

And the following is the second song I've written - I started it waiting at DUH Urgent Care in September in a rather... pining mood. Link here.

Look Up

It's raining, and I miss you.
In each drop, I see you.
Your lips are pursed in contemplation,
And your eyes dart stubbornly at the pavement.

CHORUS
And I know with every breath that you don't hear me.
I can see how hard you try but you can't want me.
But as the rain pours down and I, I think about you,
I know that I should wait for you.

I know that I can wait for you.

It's freezing, and I want you.
I'm dying to hold you.
But you're so far away from me, you're blind.
Though you try to make your heart see with your mind.

CHORUS

I know that I must wait for you.

The leaves outside are kissed grey by the sky,
And when you turn your head I must ask why.
The redness of the bricks have dulled to ochre,
But your raining voice keeps my green and red alive.

CHORUS


Cheers!
t

3 comments:

  1. You're not alone! Keep up the good work :D -Jeff Tai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am just now getting caught up on all of this, started with Stamsund and moving steadily through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the comment passwordy thing was "dersh." It felt suitable.

    ReplyDelete